Some more ideas for snacks if you’re vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free and/or gluten free. Not all snacks will be suitable for everyone, so please check the label.
1) ITSU Vegetable Festival Crystal Noodle Cup - Vegan and gluten free, this is a great product if you want a light lunch or just a snack but actually fancy something warm. It’s very easy to prepare; just empty the packets into the cup, pour boiling water over, stir, then leave for three minutes, and voila! Perfect noodle soup. The taste is nice, quite subtle but yet very flavoursome. The crystal noodles are a great addition as they soak up the soup and help to fill you up. This is a great product, especially for those who can’t usually have noodles because of the gluten. You can buy this product at major supermarkets and some local stores too.
2) Kellogg’s Strawberry Fruit Winders - These yummy fruit winders are also vegan and gluten free. You get six winders in a pack and they’re super fun to unwind. They have a lovely fruity taste, and just the right amount of sweetness and stickiness. They’re reasonably priced and widely available at major supermarkets. I definitely recommend trying these if you want a healthy but sweet snack.
3) Munchy Seeds Honey Seeds - This is a delicious packet of mixed pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds roasted in honey. As such, this snack is only vegetarian and gluten free. These seeds are toasted to perfection, and have a lovely sweetness, combined with the perfect crunch. Even better, these seeds are high in fibre, iron, and vitamin E, so they’re really good for helping with energy levels and maintaining a healthy immune system. You could also sprinkle these on top of yoghurt or ice-cream or even add it to your breakfast. You can buy these at most major supermarkets.
4) Nakd Cashew Cookie Bar - Another delicious offering from Nakd, which is suitable for those who are gluten free and those who are vegan. It is made entirely from dates and cashews with a tiny amount of natural flavouring. The bar has the perfect balance between being soft and crunchy, and has a lovely nutty and doughy taste. Despite not being especially big, the bar is surprisingly filling, and high in fibre. These bars are a great snack, especially on the go. You can buy these in multipacks too. Cashew Cookie bars are available at most major supermarkets and health food stores.
5) Snackajack’s Caramel Rice Cakes - Gluten and dairy free, suitable for coeliacs, and vegans too. These are a light, tasty treat, that gives you satisfying taste of caramel without milk. These rice cakes are high in flavour, and have a nice crispiness to them. Equally, they are low in fat too, and will fill you up if you’re feeling hungry between meals. These rice cakes are available in packs of large rice cakes, or even as mini packs, which have lots of mini rice cakes in them, which you could have instead of crisps, or even as an alternative to popcorn when watching a film. You can buy these at all major supermarkets.