Some more ideas for snacks if you’re vegetarian, vegan and unable to have gluten.
1) Tesco Freefrom Instant Curry Noodles - These noodles are made from rice, and as such are gluten free, as well as being vegan. They are very easy to prepare, only requiring you to add hot water, stir, and leave for a couple of minutes. The flavour is delicious. It has just the right amount spice, and is full of herbs, giving it an excellent taste. The noodles are also very tasty, and expand very well in the water, creating a filling snack. You can buy these noodles from Tesco stores and Tesco Express stores too. I highly recommend these if you need a filling snack.
2) Nakd Carrot Cake Bar - If you love carrot cake but have been unable to find any without dairy or gluten, then this is the bar for you. Nakd have created a delicious take on the well-loved dessert, that is made from entirely natural ingredients, and is suitable for vegans and those who cannot have gluten. Somehow, Nakd have combined dates, walnuts, raisins, carrot and cinnamon to arrive at a product that tastes just as a carrot cake should, but in the handy form of a bar. You can enjoy this on it’s own, or you could have it with dairy-free ice cream for a more indulgent dessert. These are available as both single bars and as multipacks at tescos stores and health food stores and online.
3) Nature’s Store Creamy Vegetable Soup in a Cup - You get four sachets in a pack, and thankfully, the title doesn’t disappoint. Typically, you can’t buy anything with ‘cream’ in the title if you’re allergic to dairy or a vegan, but here, Nature’s Store have made a lovely creamy soup that you can make in only the time it takes to boil a kettle and stir. The soup is surprisingly thick in consistency, and has an authentic vegetable taste. Equally, you could readily believe that this soup did in fact contain cream, due to it’s lovely smooth creaminess. Overall, it’s a handy product to have if you need something quick and filling. You can buy this at Asda and online.
4) Nakd Nibbles Coconut Bliss - Almost like having a bounty that has been dissected into handy little bites. This is a healthy coconut and chocolate hit that is made entirely from coconut, cashews, dates, raisins and rice flour, meaning that it is suitable for everyone; vegans, coeliacs and more. The bites are soft and chewy, with a satisfyingly nutty flavour. You can find these at most supermarkets and at health food stores.
5) Trek Peanut Power Bar - If you like peanut butter, then you’ll love this bar; almost like indulging in spoonfuls of peanut butter! As you can guess, this bar is high in energy, and protein, great for a snack on the go. It is smooth and chewy with a really lovely taste. It is suitable for vegans and those who are gluten free - just watch out if you’re allergic to oats, as it does contain gluten-free oats. You can buy these at health stores and many supermarkets.