Here are some more snacks that you might like to try if you’re struggling to find things as a vegetarian/vegan/someone who is allergic to gluten.
1) Real Handful Blueberry Blitz - This pack is vegan and gluten free, and jam packed with fruits and nuts - so beware if you have a nut allergy. The pack contains juicy dried blueberries, cranberries and raisins, all infused with blueberry juices and apple purees, and is completed with some cashew nuts, so you have something crunchy to go with the sweet chewy fruits. The flavours are vibrant and delicious, and it’s an easy way to eat some fruit and enjoy it. These packs are available at Sainsburys and health stores.
2) Nakd Pecan Pie bar - These bars are incredibly tasty! The pecan flavour is sweet, and almost with a caramel aftertaste. It is soft, but with crunchy pieces of nuts within the bar, making it a delicious treat. As with all Nakd bars, it is made from entirely natural ingredients, just fruits and nuts and a small amount of natural flavouring, making it both vegan and gluten free. You can buy them from most supermarkets, and multipacks of this flavour are now available.
3) Go Max Go White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups - These are a delicious treat I discovered with pure delight in my local health store. They are essentially a vegan version of Reese’s peanut butter cups (the white chocolate version) and they are amazing. The peanut butter is so smooth and creamy, and the white ‘chocolate’ is incredibly convincing. There is a perfect ratio of ‘chocolate’ to peanut butter, and I could not recommend them more. You can find them in health food stores and online.
4) Shakeaway Milkshake - Not a food, but definitely a filling and worthwhile treat, Shakeaway have a large selection of Vegan milkshake options available, so hallelujah! If you thought you could no longer have milkshakes, then consider this your salvation! Shakeaway offer soya milk and soya ice cream, and they will happily give you a dairy free menu, listing options of ingredients for your milkshake that do not contain dairy. I had a chocolate mocha shakeaway milkshake recently, and it was divine! They are thick and creamy in texture, and you cannot tell that these milkshakes do not contain dairy.
5) Nakd Nibbles Salted Caramel - Another yummy product from Nakd, but in the form of mini nibbles. The salted caramel flavour really comes through, and they have a lovely gooey texture. Again, made from all natural ingredients, these nibbles rely on dates and nuts for the distinctive flavour. They are available at most supermarkets and also health food stores. Because of their ingredients, this seemingly little snack is surprisingly filling, making it a perfect snack for those who are gluten free, and vegans. You can add these nibbles to dairy-free ice-cream or to porridge oats or even to your baking to create a delicious treat.