Ok guys here's a real easy one. Toffee apples are delicious right? Correct. They're a bit naughty with the toffee and all that but at least there's an apple in there, that's one of your five a day! Anyway, this is really easy to do so here's what you'll need first of all:
- Apples (however many you want! Let's say 5)
- 250g brown sugar
- 120ml water
- 1/2 a tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup ( a must!)
- 25g of butter (if you want to be healtheir use unsalted but at the end of the day it's still butter so might as well enjoy it just do exercise after!)
Now that you have all you need here's how to make them!
- Cut a hole in the top of the apples and add a stick
- grease a baking sheet with the butter
- turn the hob on to medium heat, then dissolve the sugar in water over it and then add vinegar, syrup and butter
- boil for ten minutes and then add to cold water, it should form a sticky toffee substance
- smother the apples in this lovely toffee mix and add any sprinkles you might want
- FINAL STEP - ENJOY!