If you are in the mood for being mega, mega healthy or are just a vegetarian and are looking for something different to eat then this is a delicious recipe for you1
Difficulty Level: - 2/5
4 Small Courgettes
2 Red or Yellow Peppers
4 Large Ripe Tomatoes
5 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Handful on Basil
3 Cloves of Garlic (peeled and crushed)
1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tsp. Sugar (either granulated or caster)
- Cut the aubergine into bite sized chunks and slice the courgettes.
- Peel the peppers and slice them into thick slices, removing any seeds, the core and stalk.
- Score the tomatoes and place them in a heat proof bowl, pour boiling water over them and then exchange it for cold water; then remove the skin. Cut them into quarters and pick out the seeds.
- Get a saucepan and set it to a medium heat and pour the oil in. once the oil has heated brown the aubergines off for a few minutes, then remove them from the pan and replace them with the courgettes for another few minutes until they turn golden in colour. Do the same with the peppers.
- Remove all the veg from the pan and set aside. Add some more oil to the pan and then add the garlic and brown it off for. Add the vinegar and sugar, tipping in the tomatoes and a small portion of the basil.
- Then add the rest of the veg to the saucepan, with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook for 5 or 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining basil over the ratatouille for the finishing touch!