This is a healthy and alternative approach to rice, and is really tasty!
300g Risotto Rice
2 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
250g Portobello Mushrooms (you can vary the type of mushroom for appearance and flavour)
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Handful of Parsley
4 Spring Onions
1 Baby Leek (finely sliced)
1 Litre Stock (Vegetable or Chicken)
- Pour the oil into a pan and turn on the heat to medium level. Once the oil has heated up add the chopped garlic, spring onions and leek. Fry them gently until they begin to soften.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, and cook until they too are soft.
- Add the rice, frying for a few minutes. Let the rice just start to go a bit brown, but do not let it cook any more than that as it can burn!
- Then add a ladle of stock to the pan. Allow it to be absorbed by the rice, then add another ladle full. Repeat this process until all the stock has been absorbed.
- Once the stock has been absorbed add a handful of parsley to the rice and mix in. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve whilst hot.
Once you try this recipe let us know just how delicious it tastes or if you add any more ingredients tell us which by leaving a comment below!