Willing to try something different for breakfast? Well this Turkish breakfast dish is perfect, as it is not too different from the scrambled eggs that we are accustomed to in this country, only with a twist. In my recent visit to Turkey my friends and I became obsessed with this dish, having it in most of the restaurants we visited be it breakfast, lunch or dinner time! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
2 Green Peppers
1 Tsp. Salt
½ Tsp. Pepper
1 Tbsp. Margarine
- Melt the margarine into a frying pan and add the green peppers, cut into thin small rings. Lightly brown them in the pan.
- Then add peeled tomatoes (I usually peel them by pouring hot water over the tomatoes and letting them soak in a bowl on the side. This way the skin just falls off easily). Make sure you cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Then cook the peppers and tomatoes for 7-8, stirring occasionally, until the juice from the tomatoes begins to evaporate.
- Whisk the eggs up in a bowl and add the seasonings. Pour the eggs into the pan and stir constantly, making sure it does not overcook or dry out.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your preference take the pan off the heat and serve at once.