Zesty, sweet and yet sour treats, perfect with a cup of tea.
325g Plain Flour
200g Chilled and Diced Salted Butter
125g Golden Caster Sugar
1 Unwaxed Lemon (Including the zest and juice)
2 Egg Yolks
200g Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160C for a fan oven.
- Mix up the flour and butter until it begins to look like breadcrumbs. Add the sugar, lemon zest and the egg yolks and mix it together until it looks like dough.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 5mm thick and then, using a cutter, cut out as many biscuits as you can from the dough.
- Put the biscuits onto a buttered baking sheet and then cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Once they have cooked and cooled decorate them with the icing. Make the icing with the icing sugar and the juice from the lemon.