Total Article : 213
About Me:I'm a graduate student studying International Criminal Law and first started writing for King's News almost 4 years ago! My hobbies include reading, travelling and charity work. I cover many categories but my favourite articles to write are about mysteries of the ancient world, interesting places to visit, the Italian language and animals!
They say you learn something new every day so why not test your knowledge and see if you can see which of the following points is a fact or pure fiction!
1) Chocolate can be deadly to dogs.
2) Brazil has won more World Cup football championships than any other country.
3) In the epic struggle between Captain Ahab and Moby Dick, the Captain wins.
4) The hottest part of our Earth, its core, is solid.
5) Henry VIII had all of his six wives executed.
6) Triumph of the Will, by filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl, is said to have helped expose the horrors of the Holocaust.
7) You can put plastic plates in the microwave.
8) The Atomic Bomb which tragically detonated over Nagasaki, located in Japan, in 1945 was code-names ‘fat Man’.
9) In its original form, Cola-Cola war first green.
10) 50% of our own DNA is similar to that of a banana.
11) The strongest muscle in our body is our heart.
12) The Bermuda Triangle is located in the Mediterranean Sea.
13) According to myths, before the Greek gods, the Titans ruled the world.
14) Xanthophobia, fear of the colour yellow, and Omphalophobia, fear of bellybuttons, are recognised as existing phobias.
15) The world’s tallest man in history is Robert Pershing Wadlow at 8ft 11.1 inches tall.
You can leave your answers (i.e. the number of the question and whether it is a fact of fiction) in the comment box below. Next week we will be publishing the results, you may be surprised to find that some of the questions you thought were absolutely false turn out to be true and vice-versa. Also, some of the answers to questions 10, 12 and 13 can be found in some articles right here on the King’s News website so take a look and enjoy the quiz!