This is one of my absolute favourite meals to make as it is so flavoursome and tasty, not to mention a healthy dinner or lunch! This recipe is quite a spicy one, so limit the amount of chilli that you put in if you prefer a milder flavour.
Difficulty Level: - 3/5
2 Duck Breasts
1 Clove of Garlic
A Pinch of Ginger
1 Tsp Five-Spice Powder
Salt and Pepper to Season
3 Tbsp. Oyster Sauce
1 Tbsp. Dark Soy Sauce
½ Tsp Cornflour
2 Tbsp. Water
130g Egg Noodles (precooked are easier)
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Red Chili
2 Pak Choi
3 Spring Onions
- Take off the skin and slice up the duck breast and put into a bowl with the garlic (cut into fine pieces), five-spice powder and pinches of salt and pepper.
- Then in a separate bowl mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornflour and water.
- Heat a wok, or a large frying pan, and add the olive oil. Once the oil is heated add the duck and fry for a minute or two until they begin to turn a little bit brown. Once you have cooked the duck leave it to the side in a bowl.
- Add some more oil to the pan and then cook the chilli and pak choi together for a minute or so, until they begin to soften. Once this begins to happen pour in the soy sauce mixture. Turn up the heat on the pan until the sauce and veg begins to simmer, then add the duck again.
- Once you have added the duck the sauce should begin to thicken. Add the ready cooked noodles and the sliced spring onions to the sauce. Heat the noodle through in the pan and then serve!