Total Article : 213
About Me:I'm a graduate student studying International Criminal Law and first started writing for King's News almost 4 years ago! My hobbies include reading, travelling and charity work. I cover many categories but my favourite articles to write are about mysteries of the ancient world, interesting places to visit, the Italian language and animals!
Here are some crazy fun facts that most people don’t know about our bodies!
- Did you know that the human nose is able to remember up to 50000 different types of scents?! So that gone-off milk you smelt yesterday will be remembered for a while!
- Although we can remember so many smells we actually don’t have any sense of smell while we sleep!
- We all blink but do we know why our body does it every few seconds? It’s to supply us with two types of moisture for our eyes so they don’t dry out and can stay clean!
- Our DNA is highly complex however I was amazed to learn that 50% of our DNA is similar to that of a banana!! Animal and plant DNA coding goes way back to when the two diverged around 1.5 billion years ago!
- A typical adult has 206 bones in his/her body. 25% of these are located in our feet! In fact each foot has 26 bones so there are 52 altogether, who said feet aren’t cool?!
- A baby can have around 300-350 bones, some of which then fuse together as they grow! Scientists have realised that kids actually tend to grow more in the spring than any other season!
- Our tongue is considered to be the strongest muscle in our body taking into consideration its size and the amount of weight it can lift. Although you won’t be lifting any big weights with your tongue it’s a pretty cool fact!
- Scientists generally agree that around 80% of our brain is made of water so stay hydrated guys!
- Here’s a cool fact about our hearts: with an average lifespan a heart can pump enough blood to fill 100 swimming pools, that’s right, 100!!!!