This is a simple version of a classic Italian dish. You could swap the Spaghetti for a different type of pasta if you like, just follow the cooking instructions on the packet carefully.
Be very careful when using the saucepan and the frying pan, check with an adult before you start.
Difficulty Level: 3/5
- Large Saucepan
- Large Deep Frying Pan
- 400g Dried Spaghetti
- 175g Bacon
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- Handful of Parsley Leaves, finely chopped
- 3 Large Eggs, beaten
- 50g Grated Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
1. Bring 4.5 litres of water to the boil in a saucepan with eight teaspoons of salt.
2. Add the spaghetti and cook for 9 minutes.
3. Cut the bacon into thin strips about 6mm wide.
3. Put some oil in the frying pan and heat over a medium heat, add the bacon and fry until lightly golden.
4. Add the garlic and parsley and cook for a few seconds, then remove from the heat and set aside.
5. Drain the spaghetti, tip into the frying pan with the other ingredients and stir together well.
6. Add some salt and pepper and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.