Not all muffins are sweet, in fact there are hundreds of different recipes for savoury muffins. This particular one is another wonderful combo recipe that allows you to get a bit creative. The recipe below contains ingredients such as bacon and chopped onion which act as pizza toppings. You can add whatever pizza toppings you like as long as you make sure that they are cooked properly and that you don’t overload the mixture!
Difficulty Level: 2/5
- Electric Whisk
- Muffin Tin
- 260g Plain Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 100g Grated Cheese
- 1 Rasher of Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, onion, cheese, bacon and tomato using an electric whisk.
3. Mix the egg with 200ml of water.
4. Use the electric whisk to mix the egg and water mixture with the rest of the ingredients until just combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into a well-greased muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.