This is a very simple dinner dish that is cheap to make and tastes great!
Ask an adult to help you when using the grill and when dealing with boiling water.
Difficulty Level: 3/5
- Medium Frying Pan
- Heat-proof Dish
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- Pinch of sugar
- Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 100g Tube-shaped pasta
- 50g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Slice of bread, coarsely grated
- 2 Large cooked sausages, sliced
1. Heat the oil in a medium pan and fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened and lightly golden.
2. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Mix in the tomatoes and sugar.
4. Bring the mixture to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce and add some salt and pepper.
6. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
7. Heat the grill until it reaches a high temperature.
8. Mix together the cheese and breadcrumbs.
9. Drain the pasta and stir into the sauce.
10. Add the sausages and spoon into a heatproof dish.
11. Sprinkle the cheesy crumbs over the top and grill for 3-5 minutes or until bubbling hot and golden.