This recipe is an old favourite of mine and is surprisingly easy to make!
You can make the base without a food processor, but you will need to crumble the mixture by hand and it will take a lot longer.
Make sure that you have an adult with you when using the food processor and whilst moving things to and from the oven
Difficulty Level: 2.5 /5
- Food Processor
- 23cm Tart Tin
- Electric Whisk
For the pastry:
- 112g Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Icing Sugar
- 187g Plain Flour
For the Lemon Filling:
- 3 Eggs
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Plain Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Icing Sugar for dusting
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Put the butter, 4 tablespoons icing sugar and 187g flour into the food processor and process for around 15 seconds - the result should be a crumbly mixture with no large lumps.
3. Pat the mixture into a 23cm tart tin.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
5. Meanwhile, combine the eggs, caster sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons flour and mix until smooth using the electric whisk.
6. Pour the mixture over the hot pastry case.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes more, until firm.
8. Take the tart out of the oven and let it cool completely in the tin.
9. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy! (Serves around 10 people - if you're prepared to share!)