This is a crucial part of Chinese cuisine and can be found on the menu of almost every Chinese restaurant. It’s a great foundation for any dish and is relatively easy to make.
Difficulty Level: 2.5/5
- 150g Long-grain Rice
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 4 Spring Onions, chopped
- 125g Cooked Peas
- 1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- Pinch of Salt
1. Cook the rice in a saucepan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes, until almost cooked, but not too soft.
2. Drain the rice, rinse under cold water and then drain again.
3. Place the beaten eggs into a saucepan and cook over a gentle heat, stirring until softly scrambled.
4. Heat the oil in a pre-heated wok.
5. Add the garlic, spring onions and peas and cook in the wok, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes.
6. Stir the rice into the mixture in the pan and mix together.
7. Add the eggs, soy sauce and salt and stir well.
8. Transfer to serving dishes and enjoy!