This is a classic comfort food recipe that’s easy to make and delicious every time.
I have used apples here, but you can use any fruit that you like; just make sure that you remove the stones and the cores and cut the fruit into pieces.
Difficulty Level: 2.5/5
- Food Processor
- Shallow oven-proof dish
- Microwavable dish
- 100g Plain Flour
- 50g Ground Almond
- 125g Unsalted Butter, chilled
- 35g Demerara Sugar
- 900g Cooking Apples
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the butter into chunks and place into the food processor, along with the flour and ground almonds.
- Pulse the mixture gently until it resembles thick breadcrumbs.
- Add all the sugar and stir into the mixture.
- In the meantime, lightly grease a shallow baking tin whilst peeling the apples and removing the cores, then cut into chunks and sprinkle with sugar.
- Put the apples into a microwavable dish and add a tablespoon of water, then heat up for a minute so that they soften.
- Line the base of the greased dish with the softened apples and sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the top.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the apples and put the dish in the oven for an hour and a half; once the top is golden brown and the apple is bubbling.
This dish tastes great served with custard or ice cream!